The PEEP-Alert™ Pressure and Flow Monitor displays and monitors positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) and flow when used in conjunction with a ventilatory assistance device for non-invasive ventilation, such as a ventilatory assistance helmet. It may be used in the intensive care unit, patient room, clinic, emergency medicine and emergency transport settings for adult and pediatric patients.
The included charge brick supports North American outlets. For other regions, EU, UK and AU wall plug adaptors are available.
- US FDA: Authorized under COVID-19 Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)*
- Health Canada: Authorized under COVID-19 Interim Order, authorization ID 327293
*US FDA EUA terms:
- This ventilator accessory has not been FDA cleared or approved;
- This ventilator accessory has been authorized by FDA under an EUA;
- This ventilator accessory is authorized only for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of the emergency use of ventilators, ventilator tubing connectors, and ventilator accessories under section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
- 1x PEEP-Alert Pressure and Flow Monitor
- 1x PEEP-Alert Flow Tube
- 1x USB charge cable
- 1x USB charging adapter (two blade plug included, international adaptors available)
- 1x User manual
- 1x Quick reference guide
100 + hours battery life
PEEP-Alert provides over 100 hours of monitoring on a single charge.
Audible and visual alarms
The user can adjust upper and lower limits for pressure and flow alarms. If readings exceed these values, a buzzer and LED will draw the attention of surrounding personnel.
Delivered positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) is reported in cmH2O. PEEP-Alert can read between 0 and 30 cmH2O with accuracy ±5%.
Fresh gas flowrate
Flow is reported in standard liters per minute (LPM). PEEP-Alert can read between 25 and 150 LPM with accuracy ±10%.
Continuously monitor positive pressure therapy, increasing confidence that delivered PEEP matches target.
Ensure adequate fresh gas flowrate to patient and awareness of utilization of gas supplies.
Simple to use with no calibration and zero start-up time.
The PEEP-Alert Pressure and Flow Monitor is a reusable medical device. We recommend disinfecting between patients using an accelerated hydrogen peroxide wipe.If required, you can also serialize PEEP-Alert using low-temperature vaporized hydrogen peroxide.
Easy to integrate
PEEP-Alert uses 22 mm socket/cone connectors. This makes it compatible with all the ventilatory assistance helmets that use industry-standard 22 mm ports.
Quick Reference Guide
|Delivered PEEP||Operating conditions|
|Range||0 to 30 cmH2O||Temperature||10 to 40ºC (50 to 104ºF)|
|Resolution||±0.1 cmH2O for PEEP < 10 cmH2O, else ±1||Humidity||10 to 95% (non-condensing)|
|Accuracy||±5%||Atmospheric pressure||60 - 120 kPa|
|Fresh gas flowrate||Storage conditions|
|Range||25 to 150 litres per minute (LPM)||Temperature||-10 to 60ºC (14 to 140ºF)|
|Resolution||±1 LPM||Humidity||5 to 95% (non-condensing)|
|Accuracy||±10% for FIO2 ≤ 0.6, else ±15%||Atmospheric pressure||60 - 120 kPa|
|Type||2000 mAh NiMH, rechargeable||Dimensions||123 x 47 x 46 mm (4.8 x 1.9 x 1.8 in)|
|Battery life||over 100 hours of monitoring||Weight||99 g (3.5 oz)|
|Charge time||2 hours||Inlet connector||22 mm socket|
|Outlet connector||22 mm cone|